Prep Time: 5 min.
Cook Time: 20 min.
Total Time: 25 min.
Calories: 166 per serving
These pan-fried potatoes are packed full of flavor, and work well as a side dish for almost any meal.
Potatoes are a staple side dish for tons of cuisines and are pretty easy to work with as far as preparation goes. We found ourselves continually taking bites of these as we took the pictures, because they're too damn tasty!
This was one of the very first recipes we officially and (somewhat professionally) documented and photographed. Hopefully it will end up being one of many. So, if you're reading this, go easy on us! We're still learning and enjoying every bite.
Pan Fried Potatoes Recipe:
- 3-4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 red potatoes
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/3 tsp paprika
- pinch of parsley to garnish
- Cut the potatoes into bite-sized rectangular pieces while bringing a large pot of water to a boil. Boil the potato slices for about 3 minutes, then drain them. Let the slices drip dry (or actively dry them off, if desired) while proceeding to the next step.
- Place the oil in a large pan and heat on low until the oil is runny. Add only enough potato slices so that each is directly touching the bottom of the pan. It may be necessary to fry the potatoes in more than one batch. Sprinkle your spices over the potatoes so that each chunk has some spice on all sides.
- Turn up the heat to medium - medium high and let the potatoes sizzle (without stirring) until they begin to brown on the bottom. Flip them after the bottom of the slices are sufficiently brown (7-10 min) and brown that side of the potatoes for 7-10 min. The longer they fry, the more crunchy they become.
- Garnish with a pinch of parsley and serve hot.
never miss a recipe!